Thursday, May 8, 2008

How women try to keep the pressure on men to keep off other men

Right now I am learning in my office, how K***** puts down A***** calling him (even if half-jokingly, half seriously), "abnormal" and other such stuff, and how A***** tries to reinforce more and more of a heterosexual image, especially by emphasising and exaggerating his sexual indulgence in girls.

Right after a put down by K*****, A***** becomes quite hostile towards male-male sexuality, but, interestingly, with me around he is subconsciously (because, although we flirt with each other we never acknowledge it or talk about male-male thing, except deridingly) learning to be more comfortable about it and to withstand K*****'s slurs without getting panicky or insecure about his manhood (i.e. straighthood in Western parlance).

Actually, its my confidence about liking other men without letting others impose the 'gay' label on me, even if I have to hide my sexual attraction, and being a Real Man even with it, that is subconsciously helping A******. And hopefully, this will give me a clue as to how to fight this social oppression of men at a larger scale.

No comments: